Is the destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BodybldgDoc

any good for the math section of the DAT? For those of you who have taken the DAT and used the destroyer Are the math problems in the destroyer an accurate representation of the kind of problems that show up on the real thing? I went through topscore and achiever math and felt like they were outdated and easier than the math on the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

any good for the math section of the DAT? For those of you who have taken the DAT and used the destroyer Are the math problems in the destroyer an accurate representation of the kind of problems that show up on the real thing? I went through topscore and achiever math and felt like they were outdated and easier than the math on the real DAT?

NO, I thought the math portion was too easy compare to the real thing. However, it is good for Gchem and Bio.

hehe whats up sol. I'm trying to find more math materials to practice from that accurately represent the difficulty on the real DAT.

Yeah...so what would you recommend? How is achiever compared to the real deal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I like achiever, it has good math problems. But I guess I was unlucky and had a hard math section on DAT.

Anyways, this is the new books I am buying for math:

--SAT books (just any one, rent from public libarary or go to borders and use them)
--Pre-calculus book (old one)
--Cliffs book - Algebra II

If anyone recommend any other book, plz add it to the list, thanks!!

where are all the destroyer people? I'd like to hear more opinions. Sol and poc cant be the only 2 people who have used destroyer.

I don't think you'll get a lot of feedback with quantitative reasoning. Personally, after the sciences, I kinda approach that section as an after thought. Sure, I might pay the price big time on test day...but the sciences are so mentally draining it's not even funny

the best thing to do for the math section is to do as many problems as possible. It will give you a a lot of practice. So any resources will be helpful from kaplan to topscore to destroyer to achiever they all helped me get a 20.

I'd post about the Destroyer but haven't taken the DATs yet so my post won't really matter. So far it seems very helpful ... and I'm missing about 3 pages (~15 problems) from the OChem section :oops:

where are all the destroyer people? I'd like to hear more opinions. Sol and poc cant be the only 2 people who have used destroyer.

The real DAT in my opinion was most similiar to acheiver. I used topscore kaplan and acheiver. On the other hand some acheiver problems are much harder than the real DAT, but also the DAT had some curve balls, so I guess really pound the acheiver q's and you should be able to score a 19 atleast. Some questions are so extremly easy that they are overlooked by test takers and therefore answered wrong, just stay focused you'll do fine. All the interviews I went to kind of hinted at the fact that scores of the QR section are taken with a grain of salt.