Is the Walmart $4 program ending?

Started by pharaday
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharaday

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our district supervisor stopped at our store today, and she mentioned that she "heard" that the Walmart $4 program was going to be discontinued soon. I was busy and didn't catch whether or not she mentioned where she heard this or how legitimate the source was. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
 
Hmmm... I'm thinking she must be mistaken. Surely there are people on this board who work for Walmart and would know something if it was true, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hy-Vee, a Midwestern grocery chain, is doing the $2 thing and had a full page ad in today's local newspaper promoting this. One more reason why I'm not going back to retail.

👎
 
yeah, Discount Drug Mart (not sure how widespread that chain is, I think it is limited to midwest as well) just started a $1.99 program, including a lot of the drugs that were on the $4/10 and even the $9/24 list (i.e. alendronate).