Is there a good site to research med schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrewFromVA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
that gives info in a condensed, concise format? Sort of a Reader's Digest version of what each school is about and that maybe lists the potential pros and cons for each school? If anyone can point me to a helpful site or two, even if they don't meet my description, well... I'd be much obliged :)

Members don't see this ad.

There is some info in USnews.

Foxy!!!, Hey F-O-X-Y !! where is that link on medical school reviews written by their graduates. I think that info was somewhere on Medical Association website.

Yes, I found that website really good. I think it'son the amcas website.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to pay the $10 the U.S. News and World Report gives lots of information about most of the medical schools. You can even do a comparison of four or so medical schools in a table and it will show you the various stats. A lot of good information regarding number of interviews and acceptance rates. I think its well worth the ten bucks because of the nice and easy format in which the information is available.

The Princeton Review Medical School Guide also has information tabulated. There are also some descriptions about the campus and the curriculum. A little more in-depth. However, some of this information is definitely out-dated.

The AAMC lists all the medical schools by state. In this way if you have some locations in mind you can quickly jump to the specific school website.

The above bold titles are the links.
Hope you have fun with this process in choosing medical schools.

The medical school survey results are on the AMSA website. AMSA = American Medical Student Association AKA Liberals'r'we

Note that for many schools only a few surveys have been submitted therefore the numeric results may not reflect the school as a whole. It is a good reference however and the written comments can be helpful.

I don't know about the particular website, but if you could go to the library and take a look at the Guide to Medical Schools Book published by Princeton, you would get a lot of useful information about stats of applicants. It includes average GPA and MCAT scores of applicants, as well as the percentage of accepted applicants in/out of states. I hope this information would be helpful for you.

thanks for the help everyone :)

Originally posted by mpp
If you want to pay the $10 the U.S. News and World Report gives lots of information about most of the medical schools. You can even do a comparison of four or so medical schools in a table and it will show you the various stats. A lot of good information regarding number of interviews and acceptance rates. I think its well worth the ten bucks because of the nice and easy format in which the information is available.

so US News finally wised up and realized that I visited their page over 100 times solely for that FREE option (comparing)?? Dont know how many times throughout my pre-med career I went ahead and tried to see how my chances were when my GPA went up or down or when I got my MCAT back.. or when I got interviewed.. or when I was bored.. :p

it's an awesome option and I have to agree with mpp that it's worth it. Too bad I can't get a cut from USN&WR for the promotion:laugh: