Is there a list for interview styles?

Started by Meeza
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meeza

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I swear in the past I've seen a list of interview styles for each school but I can't find it. For example, I think I've heard Michigan does MMI. Anyone know of a great source?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regardless of the style, don't over prepare and just act natural. You can't control the style and there's no reason to get nervous. Interviews are fun, make the most of them.
 
The types of interviews I had were: 2 back to back 1 on 1 interviews (faculty), 3 on 1 interviews (2 faculty, 1 dental student), MMI (usually 1 on 1 interviews with 8 or so doctors, but there is variety), and 2 on 1 interviews (two faculty).

Surprisingly, I enjoyed the MMI format the most.
 
Best bet is to read the previous years school specific lists. But be aware that some schools do change from year to year.