Is there a Minimum subscore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DimaDrill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my score of 25P, and I have a 3.93 GPA. But I got a 6 on verbal is that going to prevent me from getting into the DO schools? I got a 10B and 9P.
Thanks please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyplace has an official min score for each section. I think you will be ok with your 6 in verbal. Just make sure that you have a well written personal statement.

i don't know i heard that schools have a 7 minimum for each section. What do you guys think what are my chances?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about DO schools with minimal subscore. Some allopathic schools want 8 or higher on each subscore, but I don't think this is the case with DO schools.

DimaDrill said:
I just got my score of 25P, and I have a 3.93 GPA. But I got a 6 on verbal is that going to prevent me from getting into the DO schools? I got a 10B and 9P.

No. Just apply to enough.

In April I received a 25 L with a 5 in VR (PS:11, BS:9) and so far I have received 7 interviews and been accepted to the only interview I have already gone to, so you should be fine. Oh, I had about 3.8 science and 3.3 overall, and nothing too spectaculat on as far as EC's. I did spend A LOT of time writing a good personal statement and I'd like to believe that it helped. Let me know if you questions.
By the way, these are the schools that gave me interviews with my 5 in VR:
KCUM (accpeted)
DMU, AZCOM,CCOM, Lecom-Erie, LECOM-Bradenton, WVSOM.

DimaDrill said:

You should be fine. I was accepted with similar stats. Plus, your GPA is a tad bit better than mine. No worries... :luck:

I think it might be a 7 for some schools....not positive

yeah CCOM is really where I want to go.

DimaDrill said:
yeah CCOM is really where I want to go.

CCOM is one of the more competitive schools. I'd apply to others to increase your chances.

My father inlaw (DO) wrote a letter of rec for another doctor's kid. The kid got 10,11, 5vr. My father inlaws alma matta called him and told him what his scores were and said he would have to do better.
It happens.

This probably wouldn't apply to you, but for some early decision programs, like for COMP, there is an 8 minimum subscore requirement.

what??? that low? Oh forget it. Come on. You've got a 3.93 gpa (way way above any DO or MD school) and a barely less than average mcat for DO schools.

You will get in somewhere. Couldn't tell you about specific schools- check the ones you're applying.

And, it's not all scores. I've heard of 29+ MCATs turned away while, get this, 18 and less MCAT accepted, to the same school. So you've got good enough scores. What else makes you stand out from the other applicants?

What I mean to say is to stop worrying about your scores- you've proved yourself fine for DO if you have ECs.

Good luck to ya.

thanks MHC i was getting worried here...i mean i have 3 letters of recomindation and a great letter from an MD, lots of ECs. I was just worried about a 6V, but i think u're right, i might sneek through.

TCOM needs at least 6 in every section.

I have a 30o, but I had a 13v, and 8/9 on P/B. I would gladly shift some of those points from verbal to science, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Me talk pretty! (just don't give me a chem set)