Is there a point where the government stops or reduces paying for these loans for pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember 2009 when ALL my lenders pulled out of the student loan market. BOA, CHASE, Sallie MAE, WELLS FARGO...etc. and it all went federal. I knew immediately this was as sign these companies did not want anything to do with this debt. question is....

When will the feds realize they cannot keep financing bad debt? That would put an end to all of this finally ya know? what's going on in this country? lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think so... It’s all in the name of capitalism. Or - if you want to really use some good buzz words, “the American free market” or perhaps just, “freedom” if you prefer.

In any case - if you prefer to just face the truth it’s just, “greed”

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think so... It’s all in the name of capitalism. Or - if you want to really use some good buzz words, “the American free market” or perhaps just, “freedom” if you prefer.

In any case - if you prefer to just face the truth it’s just, “greed”

dude, this cannot continue much longer....once the salaries are in the 30's or lower and the job availability is so bad, these new pharms will be paying like 300-600 dollars a month on a 200K loan? seriously? lol no one is going to take notice? LMAO...

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, this cannot continue much longer....once the salaries are in the 30's or lower and the job availability is so bad, these new pharms will be paying like 300-600 dollars a month on a 200K loan? seriously? lol no one is going to take notice? LMAO...

It seems to be the norm honestly. If you scale it to all the kids that got a full time 4 year degree in underwater basket weaving while smoking pot and protesting fur coats while in college - they are mostly working at Starbucks now saddled with 200-300 bucks a month in student loans which is devastating at that income level.

They have learned that the world is more about money and less about fur coats.

I suppose income based repayment is the answer.... It’s a disgusting system.

I’d actually like to see a system where if an academic institution is accepting third party financing for the education then they have some liability exposure if the loan can’t be paid to some terms or defaulted. I haven’t really thought about how it could be structured and think there might to be an even better upside for developing and educating the right individuals for the right professions if they couldn’t have done it without a loan.

But schools helping Colton secure 200k in loans to attend a lib arts school to get a degree in middle earth folklore and he goes on to be a part time barista for the next 15 years and can’t pay down his loans... the school should bear some responsibility for that. Someone’s taking the risk to finance an academic institution’s cost of investing in the development of specific knowledge, training, skills, experience, etc. Schools should bear some level of responsibility in ensuring they are investing their resources in a field and individuals (and the correct pairing of the two) that produces a positive return on the investment.

If pharmacy schools are taking on students with 100,200,300k+ loans they should have skin in the game to ensure they are enrolling the right students and making sure they get jobs that will cover the loan repayment and above. Graduate failing to get a job? The school, carrying the financial risk, would be incentivized to help find them a job they advertised after graduation.

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck convincing Republicans and Democrats to get rid of federal student loans, especially as long as prominent Democrats entertain the idea of student loan forgiveness.

Privatize gains, socialize losses by higher education institutions.

Now it's an argument of who gets to pay for the losses: the borrowers themselves or the entire taxpayer base.

Privatize gains, socialize losses by higher education institutions.

Now it's an argument of who gets to pay for the losses: the borrowers themselves or the entire taxpayer base.

Democrats want the taxpayers to foot the bill

Good luck convincing Republicans and Democrats to get rid of federal student loans, especially as long as prominent Democrats entertain the idea of student loan forgiveness.
Another use of Hegelian dialectic. Democrats control education system. The government led by Dems is mostly to be blamed for allowing schools to take as many loans as they want to start a school. So now the solution is now student loan forgiveness and asking tax payers to foot the bill. And student loan forgives for people who got useless degrees unable to pay off loans, not just exclusive to pharmacy.

I think it will continue as long as the Central Bank of America continues to print more money without any gold or silver backing. Fiat money.

Last edited by a moderator: