Is there a "Post-bacc" pile?

Started by rivach212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rivach212

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys, for any applicants who are planning on doing a post-bacc.. are you going to mention it on your AMCAS app? My stats are okay, but my application was delayed last year. So I think I can get in with my current stats this year but I'm afraid if I say I'm doing a post-bacc, colleges will throw my app. into a pile that won't be looked at until dec/jan. By that time, chances are pretty slim of getting in. Any advice is appreciated!!
 
I am in the same boat - I just submitted my application, but pretty much know that I won't get looked at until January - apparently my program (georgetown smp) sends a letter to every med school you apply to describing the program and asking them to hold your application until then when they can send more information.

I know it kinda sucks, but getting the app in early is still important because some schools actually take the date the application is recieved and file apps that way (ie: when they get to dec/jan and med schools have grades, you will be at the top of the pile.)

Thats about all I know - plus I wanted to get my app in early so that I can fill out secondaries this summer, and not worry about it during post bacc when i need to focus on post bacc stuff.

hope this helps some
-waitman
 
I am also doing post-bacc next year and mentioned it on my AMCAS. I was also going to do Georegtown smp but decided not to b/c of the expense although it looks like a very good competitive program. When I talked to the dean of admissions of a school they did mention something about waiting to turn in my secondary until your post-bacc grades come out. I do agree w/ Waitman though to get it in early as possible so its higher up in the pile when grades do come out. Just wanted to provide some more insight.