Is there a time where there are relatively low amounts of interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vantheman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Preface: I understand traveling can severely interfere with scheduling interviews. I am prepared to postpone or even cancel a flight if I have to do. Also, I understand every school if different. Just looking for the best possible time here if someone can give a best guess.

I want to visit my family in Europe for about 7-10 days sometime in November or December. Does anyone know if there is a relatively better time period to go where I have a lower chance of being scheduled for an interview?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it depends on the school. I heard that late December is when things start slowing down for the holidays, so that might be a good pick (tickets are expensive though). I'm assuming schools want to get as much work done as possible before the holiday, so November might be no bueno.

Definitely not January, for sure. That's like a Monday for adcoms, lol.

Thanksgiving and Christmas slow down a bit - Adcoms have lives too

Members don't see this ad :)
Anytime the medical students are on vacation will be a slow time for interviews: Day before Thanksgiving through that weekend and Monday before Christmas through the Sunday after New Year are pretty much guaranteed to be a time of low likelihood for for interviews.

Also a week in early November when the AAMC holds its annual meeting. the exact dates vary from year to year so google AAMC annual meeting November to get the exact dates.

Reactions: 1 user
Anytime the medical students are on vacation will be a slow time for interviews: Day before Thanksgiving through that weekend and Monday before Christmas through the Sunday after New Year are pretty much guaranteed to be a time of low likelihood for for interviews.

Also a week in early November when the AAMC holds its annual meeting. the exact dates vary from year to year so google AAMC annual meeting November to get the exact dates.

Such a great idea, thanks!