Is there any hope left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cosmicguardian

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I will soon be a senior at my university but I have a 2.7 GPA 🙁 There have been various reasons for this, but the past is the past. Do I have any hope of getting into a good pharm program and if so what steps do I need to take?
 
whatever it takes to get that gpa to a 3.0 (retake classes?), and make yourself competitive with extracurriculars, research, or one hell of a personal statement.
 
I wouldnt give up. You need to give us more info. Have you taken the pcat, and if so how did you do? What was your major? etc...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, so I havent taken the PCAT. My major is neuroscience. What other information do you guys need 🙂

A friend of mine told me to work as a pharm tech while Im retaking classes after graduation. Is that a good idea? What else should I do?
 
1) Retake pre-req. courses lower than B.
2)Work as Pharm. Tech. and get to know the pharmacists, so that they can write you a good LoR.
3)Ace the PCAT.
4)????
5)150k in debt....
 
That depends on the school. Some only accept certain pre-reqs from universities. You can always call the schools and ask.