Is there any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Its Not Butter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forums for quite a bit, but I've signed up now to ask questions that I can't find the answers to.
I may sound a little too extreme by that title, but here's my situation.

I will be starting applications this May to start Med School Fall 2011.
My stats:

Major: Bio, BA
Minor: Photography

My stats:
3.89 cGPA
4.00 sGPA

MCAT:
13 9 14 S

Im mainly applying to the tri-state region

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think I should have reworded the title to "how do I look" or "whats my status"
Anyone? will the lack of clinical experience hurt me?

Your GPA is fine. Your VS is on the lower side and I don't have my MSAR with me right now to check the bottom 10th percentile for VS for your state schools, but you should keep an eye on that with all the schools you pick. Otherwise, your stats are fine.

You clinical patient experience comes from the patients you cared for as an EMT, but I don't see clinical environment experience or physician shadowing, which are important. Do your best to fix that before you apply.

The leadership, teaching, and research look fine. How many hours of community service did you put in and what was it?

Also, you customarily need two LORs from your old science instructors who can comment on your academic prowess. Some schools will let a science PI letter substitute, but not all. Stragegize to get two more letters.