Is there still a chance for me? :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kristykan2003

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if I retake the OAT this feb, what the chances of getting an interview. Like I had mentioned before my stats are on the low end of the spectrum. 3.0 GPA overall. I know by that time most of the seats would have already been taken up. For those of you who took the test during feb and applied the same year, did you get accepted? What's your profile. Thanks for your comments ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Although I took the OAT in Oct., I didn't send out three of my applications until the second week of Jan. I have gotten interviews from two of those three schools so far so I would think that there's still hope?? I wonder how many of the seats at most schools have already been taken up...

hello,

i know scco has filled roughly 24/98 seats already. i dont' know of anyone who took the oat in february and applied the same year. but, it's worth a shot to apply. maybe it would be a good idea to ask the schools how many seats have been filled and whether you applying this year would be ok. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
JG777 said:
hello,

i know scco has filled roughly 24/98 seats already. i dont' know of anyone who took the oat in february and applied the same year. but, it's worth a shot to apply. maybe it would be a good idea to ask the schools how many seats have been filled and whether you applying this year would be ok. good luck!

JG777, how sure are you about that number? I'm applying to SCCO this year myself. I'm taking the OAT in Feb. though, but they already have everything else required in the application.

kristykan2003 said:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if I retake the OAT this feb, what the chances of getting an interview. Like I had mentioned before my stats are on the low end of the spectrum. 3.0 GPA overall. I know by that time most of the seats would have already been taken up. For those of you who took the test during feb and applied the same year, did you get accepted? What's your profile. Thanks for your comments ahead of time.

I know a guy that knows a guy that took the OAT in Feb, applied and was accepted the same year. However I never asked his stats. Just look application deadlines and latest OAT accepted on the stat sheet at opted.org or just take a few minutes and email or call the schools. I would think if you are academically weak applying late may be an advantage since they want to fill the seat and many people give them up at the last minute.

bigred said:
I would think if you are academically weak applying late may be an advantage since they want to fill the seat and many people give them up at the last minute.

I have to disagree with this. On one of my interviews, it was explained to us that ppl applying late (like march) all go on waiting list as the class is mostly filled. That list is ordered from the best to worst (based on everything: grades, OAT, rec.letters, interview...) Then as accepted ppl drop out (decide to go to another school), they accept ppl from the waiting list starting from the best. If you get on the waiting list, you can call and they'll tell you if you have a great/good/not good chance to getting in, but they won't tell you your placement as that can change as they interview more ppl.

kristykan2003 said:

No