Is this a bad idea?

Started by Jeff80
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jeff80

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting dental school in the spring and was planning on taking the NBDE part one in 2012. Since it is suppose to become pass/fail in 2012, what do you think of me studying all summer after the first year of dental school and then taking it at the end of the summer so I can still get a score. It would be rushing it, but then I might not have to worry about taking some other standardized test when considering resisdency programs. Input?
 
It's not up to you, your school has to authorize you to take it (once all basic science courses are complete). If you school takes it after first year you'll be fine; if your school takes it after the second, then you'll get a P/F score (unless they delay it again).

-Cyrus