Is this a good strategy for quantitative?

Started by Dr.iz-n
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.iz-n

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After reading some of you all's posts about how long quantitative takes, and then doing the 2 Harcourt practice tests, I'm trying to figure out a good strategy to tackle this come October...

I noticed that I did well in Basic Math, Probability / Statistics, and Algebra, but not too hot in Calculus and Pre-calc...My strategy is--study as much as a I can in the subjects I did well on on the practice tests, and then know the basics of calculus and precalculus, but don't stress too much on studying.

I figure if I can do good in 3 out of 5 areas, I'd be okay. I know I got at least 70% correct when I noticed I did well on those three sections....

I just don't know what to tackle on this...this is my problem section that could be the demise of me...
 
You could choose that approach...but I don't know if it is an advantage to you. After doing the practice tests, i think i googled pre-calc and calc basic principles and learned everything I needed to know. I would focus more on doing what you know quickly - I didn't feel like there wasn't anything I didn't know but just didnt have enough time to complete it. With not knowing what questions are experimental/how the scoring really works, I don't think just ignoring a topic is the best way to go.