Is This A Good Study Plan?

rallthenamesgon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the OAT at the very end of November, but I have a full load of classes (23 credits). I am starting my study plan weekend based on the Kaplan course outline, which is:

Study every Wednesday and Sunday until the test and take some practice tests midway and at the end. I will also take more practice tests the last two weeks before the actual OAT.

Does this sound good considering my schedule? Also, I have been taking all of the subjects for the OAT since last spring so the material is still quite fresh.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds good. Go ahead and memorize some of the physics equations for kinematics/forces/liquids. Then go back and review practice problems on using them.

For GC study periodics trends not too bad of a section
OC review the stability of different functional groups and which ones with undergo a specific reaction mechanism. i.e. SN2 never tertiary substrates

Biology seriously was really random, not much A&P, but plants came up. Just read as much as possible, I can't stress enough what little A&P there was, I expected a lot more and wasted a lot of time. You can do it just be discipline and incorporate just a little EVERY DAY..like memorize five equations while eating breakfast ......you what I mean. It will make it less stressful. hope it helps

Sounds good. Go ahead and memorize some of the physics equations for kinematics/forces/liquids. Then go back and review practice problems on using them.

For GC study periodics trends not too bad of a section
OC review the stability of different functional groups and which ones with undergo a specific reaction mechanism. i.e. SN2 never tertiary substrates

Biology seriously was really random, not much A&P, but plants came up. Just read as much as possible, I can't stress enough what little A&P there was, I expected a lot more and wasted a lot of time. You can do it just be discipline and incorporate just a little EVERY DAY..like memorize five equations while eating breakfast ......you what I mean. It will make it less stressful. hope it helps

Yikes! I have taken A&P, but I never took any basic biology classes! This could pose a problem haha!

Was there alot of physics equations on the test?? There are literally hundreds and I don't know which ones to choose! :eek:

it's best to narrow your study material down to what you think are the most important concepts in each subject. For example, for physics, know your kinetics mechanics optics etc etc really really well (know sounds too btw), and the move onto other concepts and equations if you have the time. For the physics section, it is NOT about memorizing equations. Since the test is conceptually based, know your concepts well rather than memorizing every little equation and mastering difficult questions. My advice is to not spend alot of time on bio because it is entirely random and you'll have a MUCH better chance at improving your score on other sections if you put in the time for them. I personally think QR and Ochem are the easiest sections to improve upon, you probably only need a week or two to prepare for them. This is how I would prioritize the subjects: physics- just cuz I hate it, ochem, chem, QR, bio, RC. So a month or two is definitely sufficient to get u a good score assuming you know how to pace yourself. Lastly, relax and remember to eat really well so u have the energy to study- worked for me. good luck it'll be over b4 u know it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: