Is this an impossible dream?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5twilight5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the impossibility of the situation but was wondering if there have been positions open in the Stanford Anesthesiology Program in the past. I would love to switch to a CA-1 position in 2011 to Stanford from Cleveland. My fiance and family are there and it would be a dream come true.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the impossibility of the situation but was wondering if there have been positions open in the Stanford Anesthesiology Program in the past. I would love to switch to a CA-1 position in 2011 to Stanford from Cleveland. My fiance and family are there and it would be a dream come true.
Any advice?

Just a thought, why not call Alex Macario, the residency director, and discuss this with him? People have transferred from other programs to Stanford in the past to fill infrequent openings.

Residency Inquires:
Ms. Janine Roberts
Department of Anesthesia, H3580
Stanford University Medical Center
Stanford, California 94305
Telephone: (650) 723-7377
Fax: (650) 725-8544
E-mail: [email protected]

You're welcome.

P.S. If I have to tell you this, you're NOT Stanford Anesthesia material, seriously. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
P.S. If I have to tell you this, you're NOT Stanford Anesthesia material, seriously. :smuggrin:

Question: Is this an impossible dream?

Answer: Yes
Hello,

I have seen people leave good programs for a variety of reasons: family problems, health issues, finding out you really don't like the specialty, etc., and then a position becomes available.

It is true that it doesn't happen often, as DreamMachine's posted video pointed out, but if you don't ask, you won't find out. And it doesn't hurt to ask.

Going back to the video, you will feel even more "Dumb and Dumber" if you find out later that there had been such a chance and you didn't ask for fear of looking dumb.

Greetings.

Sergio's comment reminds me of a friend's saying:

"You don't ask, you don't get."

You lose nothing by asking in this case.

You don't ask, you lose anyways.