Is this bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANgnome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive submitted my app June 30th.
My updated app with DAT scores went out August 6th (last friday).

I have 16 schools on my initial AADSAS application, but only applied to 10 of them since I do not think I have a chance at the rest. I am thinking of just applying to them all now. However, it has been 1.5 months since I first submitted my app. Would doing secondaries now send a really negative signal? :oops:

I am thinking of submitted secondaries, cheque, and everything along with a transcript of summer classes (unique circumstance). I have been waiting for my summer grades to appear since they are pre-reqs :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ive submitted my app June 30th.
My updated app with DAT scores went out August 6th (last friday).

I have 16 schools on my initial AADSAS application, but only applied to 10 of them since I do not think I have a chance at the rest. I am thinking of just doing them all now. However, it has been 1.5 months since I first submitted my app. Would doing secondaries now send a really negative signal? :oops:

I am thinking of submitted secondaries, cheque, and everything along with a transcript of summer classes (unique circumstance), so it can be an excuse just saying that I have been waiting for that item all along :oops:

Sure, why not? That sounds like a valid excuse. (That is ASSUMING that you EVEN need an excuse for this).

Also, why are you applying to so many schools?

the more the better?

the paranoia is setting in, thinking that I should apply to more even though my chances are slim.

I am thinking of adding MWU(az), MWU(il), Upenn, WESTU

Members don't see this ad :)
the more the better?

the paranoia is setting in, thinking that I should apply to more even though my chances are slim.

Its a good idea to apply to a lot of schools. People who don't are unaware of how competitive getting into dental school is. You're doing the right thing. I am in the same boat with retake of DAT and application. Don't let the "paranoia" set in too much. We're only at the beginning. Be careful of simply applying to a bunch of schools you have no idea about. Many of them dont accept out of state students. Look in the ADA guide to dental schools for info regarding who they will accept. Its just of waste of time and money if you randomly select schools.

the more the better?

Penn would be a good idea especially since you're canadian, though I believe they value high gpa's... not sure about the rest. my mailing was 7.30 (without DAT) and I still haven't sent in my fee + secondary to penn lulz. the fact that my DAT scores have not been uploaded yet is hardly a good motivator. i gotta get on it...

hey CAN you should definitely apply to MWU (both AZ and IL) and Western but not sure about Penn... like other people say, they value high gpa so even if your DAT stands out...might be difficult to get an interview.