Is this class load too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToXicity09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at taking a sophomore fall semester that's VERY heavy in the science department:

Organic Chem I + lab
Analytical Chem + lab
and Physics (non-calc based) + lab
plus a few ROTC courses (since I'm also on an ROTC scholarship) but at this point in time the classes are a very light load; all I have to do is wake up at 0500 5 days a week which is kind of a bummer.

I'm also planning on doing about 10 hours a week at a research position to wet my feet, and I will be scheduling weekend shifts at an EMT service that typically has a low call volume (it's in more of a rural location).

My question is does this sound like too much to handle? I realize this is more of a case by case basis, but if I was able to knock gen chem and the gen bio classes out of the park, and I am not having any difficulty with a 6 week compressed cell bio course right now, what would you guys recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

And just for a frame of reference: last year I ended up taking a semester with 19 credits plus a college sport and I pretty much thrived. I just want opinions from people who have experienced similar things because Cell Biology is my first higher level class so I don't really know what to expect.

I see this schedule as very doable. I had schedules similar to this throughout the last 3 years of college and I was able to keep a high gpa and also have a nice social life. Just gotta be efficient with everything you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
So basically you're taking 3 classes...?

Eh, I wouldn't say that. The ROTC stuff is deceptively time consuming even though it doesn't take much out of class time. So I guess I should have mentioned that in the original post.

Only you can answer that question OP. Some may say its difficult, some may say the opposite. The question is do YOU think you can do well on that schedule?