1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this enough?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DoctorSaab, Apr 21, 2004.

1. DoctorSaab

DoctorSaab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys,

My cumulative GPA is 3.75 (not sure of science) and I will be taking my DAT's this summer.

I have all of the Kaplan stuff to study from (their exams from their course and the blue book w/cd). I also have the Barrons book for the PAT. Should this be enough?

What score on the DAT do you think I should be aiming for to get in decent schools?

Thanks

2. Beam of Light

Beam of Light Membership Revoked
    Removed

i think if you hit an 18 you will be fine. But with your gpa and a little effort I think u can hit a 20+

3. busdriver

busdriver what do i know?
    7+ Year Member

aiming for 20's across the board should be everyone's goal...how you get it is up to you though...just use the materials you have and study (i mean seriously study) for at least one month (two months would be even better) and take the test. make sure when you do the practice tests that you know why each answer is correct and why the wrong answers are wrong. can't emphasize enough the importance of doing practice problems because the DAT is similar in the questions they ask you (except for the PAT where you just have to gut it out cuz it's so much harder). anyways...good luck and i'm sure you'll do well!

4. DoctorSaab

DoctorSaab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for all of your input.

I hope to study atleast a month. The problem is I am good at cramming. Studying over a long period of time really isn't my thing. How do you guys stay so disciplined and are able to keep all of that information together? I guess its a little easier since it is all a review...