General Admissions & OTCAS Is this good enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baileytexas

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am applying to TWU, Texas Tech, ACU, and UTHSC. I have a 3.81 cumulative GPA and 4.0 prereq GPA. I have about 120 observation hours in outpatient hand, outpatient neuro, inpatient, pediatric outpatient, and skilled nursing. My GRE is average.. I’m also nervous about my personal statement and lack of observation hours compared to those who work as tech or aides. I was a college athlete and had trouble finding time to observe during season and practices. Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Baileytexas! Good luck to you as well! Your stats sound pretty impressive to me :)
I am also applying to TWU and Texas Tech! Then UTMB and University of St. Augustine are my other choices

My Stats:
Major: Health Psychology/minor in Child Welfare
Cumulative GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.7 (not including one pre-req I am taking this fall)
GRE: V: 144 Q: 140 W: 3.5 (retaking in a month)

Extracurricular: Circle K International, Active Minds, Psi Chi Honor Society, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.-committee chairperson, Intramural volleyball player, mentor to middle school-aged students,10 months experience as a Rehab Therapy Tech, 118 shadowing hours at an inpatient rehab hospital, 16 shadowing hours at outpatient pediatric clinic, and I have worked in 4 different hospital settings over the last 2 years

Letters of Rec: From 1 OT and 1 academic advisor, and 1 past supervisor

I know my cumulative GPA is not all that great but I wonder if I have a shot at getting in to my choices as well.