Is this normal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yup. That's exactly how I felt. While I remembered some basic physiology, I had forgotten 95% of PHysics, 80% of Chem, and probably 75% Bio although it has been 15 yrs since I have taken all those courses ;)

The good news is that it does come back pretty quick. You'll need to review concepts 2 or 3 times sometimes for it to really sink in. The bad news is that there is extraordinary amount of material to learn...more than I had of imagined. If I had of known how much work it was going to be, just for the MCAT, I might not have attempted it to begin with (I know, I know...Med school is just as much work).

It really is a marathon out there so good luck! :)

thank god. i am retaking chem 1 right now for a better grade and it was about 3 years ago i took it, thinking that everything else i will be fine, and halfway through the semester i continually think, "i don't know any of this. crap! i am gonna have to retake everything." but i am very glad it isn't completely like that.

Im registered to take my MCAT July 8th.
I opened an MCAT book for the first time today, and just realized, I DONT KNOW ANYYYTHINGGGGGG (not really anything, but most of the stuff iv completely forgot.)

is that how most people were their first day studying?

yeah. but you'll be surprised at how much stuff you remember as you continue to review stuff that you think you've forgotten

it happens to the best of us.
sure i remembered most of my bio but things like Ochem / Physical sciences topics eluded me. haha review books does wonders in filling you with the most relevant material as well present things in a new light that you perhaps have never seen or though of.
best of luck studying