Is this normal?

Started by sj2012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sj2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm new to the application process and want to know if it's normal if I don't get a rejection letter from schools. I sent my application well in advance, got a few rejections, and haven't heard ANYTHING from other schools. Is that normal? Some schools have set their interview time period from December-February on their website. Is it safe to assume that if I haven't heard from them by now that I won't be hearing from them at all?

Thanks for the help!
 
Well, anecdotally..I've heard from 6 out of 8 schools...crickets from the other 2. I gather that one was waiting for Fall grades to even start reviewing and the other asked for a bunch of foreign eval paperwork for a study abroad that I did and it took awhile to have done; they let me complete my file after deadline but stuck my app to the bottom of the pile. Not a top choice..thank goodness.

You are still in their system..you could possibly get a late interview invite or a rejection letter after they finish interviewing..