Is this okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docorno

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I get into a medical school, I would like to produce an outline of the information we learn in medical school. Please note that I wouldn't publish the handouts, just an outline.

I want to do this as I would want to treat it as a reward to myself. I know that it may sound odd, but if you knew me you would understand why. I feel that one of the greatest honors in life is having the chance to learn about the human body at a very deep level.

So would it be illegal for a medical student to publish an outline of everything learned in medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

If I get into a medical school, I would like to produce an outline of the information we learn in medical school. Please note that I wouldn't publish the handouts, just an outline.

I want to do this as I would want to treat it as a reward to myself. I know that it may sound odd, but if you knew me you would understand why. I feel that one of the greatest honors in life is having the chance to learn about the human body at a very deep level.

So would it be illegal for a medical student to publish an outline of everything learned in medical school?

Like the science and anatomy? That would not be illegal at all! You would likely have to cite a lot of the information you wish to publish, but other than that its not like anyone "owns" the names/parts/processes of the human body.

If you have a specific legal scenario, you should consult a lawyer. SDN is not for legal advice.

However, if you make it through med school and still want to spread your knowledge to the world, then feel free. If you can get a publisher on board, even better!

Actually, a really cool way to spread medical knowledge to the community is through "Mini Medical School" conferences that med schools host for the public. Volunteer at your alma mater to teach at one of those! :)

you will not have the time to do this. Or at least, I do not think you will have the time. First get into medical school, then worry about what you would do.