is this other sci

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HSS 205 human services with aging populations

Hss is health and human services. Now both health and health service are listed under Other science, as well as Gerontology/Aging. I'd love to take this course as i am involved with elderly nearly everyday and i probably will regardless if science or not. But do you guys think it'll pass as other science? I'll call aacomas monday to see (hoping not to hear another "we cant preverify" answer from them)

Members don't see this ad.

Looks fine to me as an other science course. If it doesn't count for your sgpa, at least it will be in your cgpa. What does the class actually cover?

I'd say if the prefix HSS (health and human service) is listed as other science it would go into that gpa, but that's my 2 cents

The prefix is undeniable that it is the topic of the class. They would most likely see that and classify it as such. I think it gets tricky when the prefix doesn't reflect the material taught.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks fine to me as an other science course. If it doesn't count for your sgpa, at least it will be in your cgpa. What does the class actually cover?

PT_PIXEL_1.gif

Description
PT_PIXEL_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_1.gif

PT_PIXEL_1.gif

This course focuses on the theories that define practice with a culturally diverse aging population. Skills and interventions addressing the social, economic, emotional and health issues of the aged are discussed. The application of these interventions will be explored using role play techniques.

I'd say if the prefix HSS (health and human service) is listed as other science it would go into that gpa, but that's my 2 cents

The prefix is undeniable that it is the topic of the class. They would most likely see that and classify it as such. I think it gets tricky when the prefix doesn't reflect the material taught.

Agreed. It's the "Human services" part of the name that puts me in doubt. Many of their courses has that written in their names like "Human services and Mental Health" (another course i'd like to take lol). The class above is actually for gerontology majors and gerontology is other sci but sadly it's not in the name of the course.