Is this possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berrisweet712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for Fall 2010 and have gotten accepted to Mercer and Midwestern CPG, Midwestern CCP is my first choice and I'm interviewing there on Nov 18. If after this Fall 2009 semester I'm done with all my pre-pharmacy prereqs and I'm not working towards a degree can I just not go to school next semester and work? I'm not sure if that looks bad or if I need permission of the pharmacy school I plan on attending. If anyone has experience in this or knows about it please let me know! Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for Fall 2010 and have gotten accepted to Mercer and Midwestern CPG, Midwestern CCP is my first choice and I'm interviewing there on Nov 18. If after this Fall 2009 semester I'm done with all my pre-pharmacy prereqs and I'm not working towards a degree can I just not go to school next semester and work? I'm not sure if that looks bad or if I need permission of the pharmacy school I plan on attending. If anyone has experience in this or knows about it please let me know! Thanks =)

Hey sweet,

I think it'll be fine if you've already gotten accepted. As long as all your
prereqs are completed with no grades below a C then yes, it'll be ok to take the semester off. I'm waiting for my interview at UHH and Husson University which is taking place in Dec. If I get accepted, I will be taking the semester off and working to save up for my next move. But if I don't get in, I'll continue to pursue my masters in the spring... That way, if I reapply again the year after, my academic credentials won't look bad with a gap in btw semesters. It doesn't hurt to call the school and ask though. Good luck!

I'll be there on the 18th as well. See you there. I was thinking about taking next semester off too, but I decided I still want to complete my degree. I'll probably just be lazy and take 12 credits and finish off the year to get my biochem degree.

I'm im the same boat. Ive been accepted to MWU CCP and al my pre-requisites are completed. This is my last semester and Ive been really lazy and apathetic since Ive been accepted. Im basically shooting for C's. I wanted to withdraw, but I didnt wanna ask the school if they would care if I did so, and did not receive my degree. So I'm just gonna stick it out and get my degree this December. Hope to see you at CCP!