Is this rude

Started by lcat2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lcat2

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am waiting on hearing from my IS school. My OOS school interview is next week. If I hear from my IS school before my next interview and I get accepted would it be rude to call the OOS and decline my interview even if its a few days away? I don't want to waste their time if I already know I'm going to my IS school
Thanks
 
I am waiting on hearing from my IS school. My OOS school interview is next week. If I hear from my IS school before my next interview and I get accepted would it be rude to call the OOS and decline my interview even if its a few days away? I don't want to waste their time if I already know I'm going to my IS school
Thanks

No it's not. They'll usually offer the spot to someone else then, so you're giving someone else a chance to get interviewed/accepted.
 
Definitely not. If you do decide to attend your IS, then the interview spot is likely offered to another OOS applicant that hasn't heard anything yet. You'd make someone's day 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anything, it's polite because it gives a person who might really want that school a chance at an interview 😀
 
Idk why, but the title of your post is funny to me...lol.

What everyone else said. It is far more offensive/rude/inconsiderate to interview at a school you have no plans on attending, or to blow the interview off altogether. Good luck, I hope you hear from your IS!
 
I think it is super rude to interview with no intention of going. I also think it is super rude to accept a position at a school and not call the other schools you are accepted/waitlisted at to let them know you will not be joining their incoming class. We keep it classy 'round here.