-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
is this score Competitive?
Started by TexasBlaze
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Getting an 80 is competitive for many schools, let alone 89.🙂
You are an above average applicant and a top candidate with a 3.8, a 89 PCAT, and experience as well.
I've gotten into three schools with a 3.45, zero true pharmacy experience, and a 94 PCAT. So, I would think that you would rank high for many pharmacy schools.🙂
You are an above average applicant and a top candidate with a 3.8, a 89 PCAT, and experience as well.
I've gotten into three schools with a 3.45, zero true pharmacy experience, and a 94 PCAT. So, I would think that you would rank high for many pharmacy schools.🙂
Verbal-43
Bio-93
Reading-62
Math-96
Chem-93
Composite-89
I also have a 3.8 GPA and decent experience/EC's.
Does anyone think this is competitive or average or above average..?..?
I really dont know how I rank among the rest, please give your opinions. 🙂
Very competitive. You are well above average. Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verbal-43
Bio-93
Reading-62
Math-96
Chem-93
Composite-89
I also have a 3.8 GPA and decent experience/EC's.
Does anyone think this is competitive or average or above average..?..?
I really dont know how I rank among the rest, please give your opinions. 🙂
Sweet scores, you should have no issues.
Any experience or contacts yet?
no... u will not be accepted by any college.
GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)
GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)
people like you, who reply to posts like this, usually dont have 3.9's and 99's thats why they have to bash others...
go to pharmcas.org and compare your stats to the GPA/PCAT averages of various schools before you ask if you have a chance to get in.
no... u will not be accepted by any college.
GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)
I agree!!!! I don't think wucool is trying to be rude, but I do think that such a score is undeniably competitive! This score is so competitive that I really doubt the op wouldn't be accepted anywhere. Of course, other factors like essay plays a big role and is often the deciding factor. So Texasblaze, relax. The school one is interested in tells you what the likely accepted GPA and PCAT score of recent matriculating students are. So if someone has a 3.8 gpa and 89 pcat and is so worried about being accepted, perhaps he/she is really showing off.
people like you, who reply to posts like this, usually dont have 3.9's and 99's thats why they have to bash others...
So no need to rush to conclusion. He clearly did not insult you.

TexasBlaze, we all realize that your scores are good, so why do you continue to ask whether or not your scores are competitive. My case in point...one of your previous posts.
"Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!
Verbal.....43
Biology....93
Reading...62
Math.......96
Chemistry.93
Composite...89
Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive..."
For the record, your scores are good and you're an extremely competitive applicant. Good job on your hard work!
"Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!
Verbal.....43
Biology....93
Reading...62
Math.......96
Chemistry.93
Composite...89
Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive..."
For the record, your scores are good and you're an extremely competitive applicant. Good job on your hard work!
ur scores are great, apply to several schools and u have an incredible chance of getting in.
I hate it when some ppl come and say ohhh 75 or 80 or even 90 isnt good, they are dumb and prob jealous. And they ppl who say they have 95 % PCAT and ~3.9 GPA and didnt get in are either lieing about thier scores or dumb at applying, by dumb i mean more dumb than a monkey.😀
I hate it when some ppl come and say ohhh 75 or 80 or even 90 isnt good, they are dumb and prob jealous. And they ppl who say they have 95 % PCAT and ~3.9 GPA and didnt get in are either lieing about thier scores or dumb at applying, by dumb i mean more dumb than a monkey.😀
the person that said that was being sarcastic...
no... u will not be accepted by any college.
GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)
You know, at first I was a little put off by this comment to Texas Blaze's post, but in another thread, TexasBlaze him/herself states this in reply to someone who got a 91 on the PCAT:
GPA definitely needs some work, most schools wont even look at a 3.4
Try and boost that, other than that, pretty good
So ya know, besides the fact that as a new applicant, TexasBlaze has absolutely no credibility to speak for "....most schools....," I'm thinking that TexasBlaze needs to have his/her ego fed on a regular basis, and is more than willing to supplement that diet with put-downs of others..... clearly uninformed put-downs, no less. Personally, I think the cyber-backhand to the kisser is more than warranted here.
Hey, you know what tends to kill grad school acceptances for people with high GPAs and decent PCATs? Nasty personality quirks, which they can't hide or cover up at the interview; the AdComs see right through it. My recommendation, TexasBlaze: don't get cocky.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea I know I dont have 3.9 and 99s, but at least I have enough brain to know if I have a good score or not...
i know right, i think texas just want to show off
that fat cat needs his/her ego fed.Similar threads
- Locked
- Question
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K