is this score Competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasBlaze

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal-43
Bio-93
Reading-62
Math-96
Chem-93

Composite-89

I also have a 3.8 GPA and decent experience/EC's.

Does anyone think this is competitive or average or above average..?..?

I really dont know how I rank among the rest, please give your opinions. :)

Members don't see this ad.

you probably not gonna find any problem getting accepted with those scores and grades. now go find some pharmacy experience, and some community service and you are set.

Getting an 80 is competitive for many schools, let alone 89.:)

You are an above average applicant and a top candidate with a 3.8, a 89 PCAT, and experience as well.

I've gotten into three schools with a 3.45, zero true pharmacy experience, and a 94 PCAT. So, I would think that you would rank high for many pharmacy schools.:)

Verbal-43
Bio-93
Reading-62
Math-96
Chem-93

Composite-89

Very competitive. You are well above average. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal-43
Bio-93
Reading-62
Math-96
Chem-93

Composite-89

Sweet scores, you should have no issues.

Any experience or contacts yet?

I have lower stats than those, and very little actual pharmacy experience (a lot of community service) and I got into the only school I applied to.. you should be fine. good stats:thumbup:

no... u will not be accepted by any college.

GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)

people like you, who reply to posts like this, usually dont have 3.9's and 99's thats why they have to bash others...

yea I know I dont have 3.9 and 99s, but at least I have enough brain to know if I have a good score or not...

GOD... ppl posting QUESTION like this makes me think those ppl have low IQ or something. I mean use ur brain!!! or r yall just trying to show off? I have a 4.0 gpa and 99 on my pcat, but im scared b/c i dont think any1 will accept me (*roll eyes*)

I agree!!!! I don't think wucool is trying to be rude, but I do think that such a score is undeniably competitive! This score is so competitive that I really doubt the op wouldn't be accepted anywhere. Of course, other factors like essay plays a big role and is often the deciding factor. So Texasblaze, relax. The school one is interested in tells you what the likely accepted GPA and PCAT score of recent matriculating students are. So if someone has a 3.8 gpa and 89 pcat and is so worried about being accepted, perhaps he/she is really showing off.

people like you, who reply to posts like this, usually dont have 3.9's and 99's thats why they have to bash others...

So no need to rush to conclusion. He clearly did not insult you. :laugh:

TexasBlaze, we all realize that your scores are good, so why do you continue to ask whether or not your scores are competitive. My case in point...one of your previous posts.

"Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!

Verbal.....43
Biology....93
Reading...62
Math.......96
Chemistry.93

Composite...89

Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive..."

For the record, your scores are good and you're an extremely competitive applicant. Good job on your hard work!

ur scores are great, apply to several schools and u have an incredible chance of getting in.

I hate it when some ppl come and say ohhh 75 or 80 or even 90 isnt good, they are dumb and prob jealous. And they ppl who say they have 95 % PCAT and ~3.9 GPA and didnt get in are either lieing about thier scores or dumb at applying, by dumb i mean more dumb than a monkey.:D

You know, at first I was a little put off by this comment to Texas Blaze's post, but in another thread, TexasBlaze him/herself states this in reply to someone who got a 91 on the PCAT:

GPA definitely needs some work, most schools wont even look at a 3.4

Try and boost that, other than that, pretty good

So ya know, besides the fact that as a new applicant, TexasBlaze has absolutely no credibility to speak for "....most schools....," I'm thinking that TexasBlaze needs to have his/her ego fed on a regular basis, and is more than willing to supplement that diet with put-downs of others..... clearly uninformed put-downs, no less. Personally, I think the cyber-backhand to the kisser is more than warranted here.

Hey, you know what tends to kill grad school acceptances for people with high GPAs and decent PCATs? Nasty personality quirks, which they can't hide or cover up at the interview; the AdComs see right through it. My recommendation, TexasBlaze: don't get cocky.