is this the right time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paceage

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this the right time to call the programs about the status of my application

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:

Pace yourself man. It is WAY too early to calling and inquiring about your program, at least at programs you are interested in.

I might venture that NO time is a good time as its rather annoying to get these calls. If we are interested, we'll let you know.

No. Most places aren't going to have anything to report in September. This is a slow arduous process and you really have to be extremely patient, first between now and when you get interviews, and then from the time you get interviews until the time you rank programs, and again until you match. Lots of time in limbo -- deal with it. Relish in it -- once you have done all you are supposed to do, there is really nothing else to think about. FWIW, there are many programs, particularly the more competitive ones, that won't even start looking at apps until closer to the time the MSPEs/Deans letters are out, which is still some time from now. Once you submitted ERAS, and hounded all your LOR writers to get stuff in, your job is really just to sit and wait for the interview offers.

Why would you call? ERAS has a tracking system now that tells you what is there, what has been received, etc. Many programs will not contact you if they aren't going to offer you an interview, and I think it is safe to assume that it is NOT because they didn't receive your application or were waiting for you to call them.

So how long do I wait to call?
A day.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow, then a day.
Yeah.
So two days?
Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Then ask her where you met her.
Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we ****ed. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Six days.