is this too light?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedRoze

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
trying to plan my next winter and fall semesters, what do you think are they too light

Winter 2012
Org. Chem II (3 credits without lab)
Bio 2 (4 credits with lab)
Sociology 200 (3)
Anthro-Human evolution 300 level (3 credits)

total = 13 credits

Fall 2012 (all upper division/advanced)
Microbiology (4 credits w/ lab)
Environmental biology (3 credits without lab)
Psychology (3 credits)
Sociology (3 credits)

Total= 13 credits

my gpa is 3.4 so I'm not exactly a genius, if it was up to me, this is perfect but is this scheduel too light for dental admission, should I add more easy courses like art or music=more credits, or that's not beneficial.

what did you take as electives to help, any tips?
TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
trying to plan my next winter and fall semesters, what do you think are they too light

Winter 2012
Sociology 200 (3)

total = 13 credits

Psychology (3 credits)
Sociology (3 credits)

Total= 13 credits

my gpa is 3.4 so I'm not exactly a genius, if it was up to me, this is perfect but is this scheduel too light for dental admission, should I add more easy courses like art or music=more credits, or that's not beneficial.

TIA

What about adding the organic 2 lab this upcoming semester?

Do you still need the physics sequence at all?

I'm going to take orgo lab in the summer, the reason is I heard that it's too hard to have that lab with the bio lab with all of the rest, I'm worried about my grades, physics I'm keeping until the last two semesters because they're not on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to take orgo lab in the summer, the reason is I heard that it's too hard to have that lab with the bio lab with all of the rest, I'm worried about my grades, physics I'm keeping until the last two semesters because they're not on the DAT.

A&P will help with some info on the DAT and are good classes to take in general. try to squeeze them in if you can. (some schools require them.) Good idea about physics I did the same, no point in learning it before the DAT.

I would not add more credits. 3.4 GPA is nice, but you sure as heck don't want it to go lower.

High GPA > high credit hours

See if you can take A&P over the summer term, I did that and it was nice to have lots of time to study.

Winter 2012
Sociology 200 (3)

total = 13 credits

Psychology (3 credits)
Sociology (3 credits)

Total= 13 credits

TIA

If your on the semester system thats not a whole lot. Not too light either though (I would say). If your on the quarter system, then that would actually be a lot of classes at once! :thumbup: