Is this true about UCSD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kathiie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was talking to someone the other day, and she told me that of the 60 spots UCSD has for next year, they are giving 48 seats to UCSD undergrads.................can this possibly be true? :eek: ......................worried, because I have yet to hear from them after my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I seriously doubt that this is true. I wouldn't worry about this if I were you. :)

I was going to apply to a school in philadelphia. I can't remember what it was called now, but I sent an email to the school and they told me that either this year or last year they accepted no one that didn't go there for undergrad. It was useful info though I guess because it saved me the application fee.

Wilkes pharmacy school in Pa only required a score of 25 on the pcat for wilkes undergrads. You sure do have an advantage in some schools if you go there as an undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like Butler's admissions which heavily favor their own undergrads.

They accept students based primarily on their academic record, leadership potential, and positive personality.

kathiie said:
So I was talking to someone the other day, and she told me that of the 60 spots UCSD has for next year, they are giving 48 seats to UCSD undergrads.................can this possibly be true? :eek: ......................worried, because I have yet to hear from them after my interview.

That gotta be BS. Most graduate/pro schools usually AVOID taking people who finished undergrad in the same school, just so that there would not be suspicion of neopotism.

If it makes you feel better I'm a UCSD alumnus that got shot down by UCSD. =D

my interview session was composed of nearly all current ucsd students as i recognized most of them. as a current ucsd undergraduate, i was offered admission, as was one of the other girls i talked to that is also currently at ucsd. i think 48 sounds a bit high, but i wouldnt be surprised to see quite a few ucsd undergraduates back next year.