is this true? or false?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Da Alchemist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
someone told me that when you get hired as a pharmacist. they offer you a free BMW? no wonder why this lady at the cvs has this 7 series black bmw.

Members don't see this ad.

someone told me that when you get hired as a pharmacist. they offer you a free BMW? no wonder why this lady at the cvs has this 7 series black bmw.

What a coincidence...I thought I heard someone say that Bush is winning the war in Iraq as well :rolleyes:

some ******ed ****!!..who even bothers asking questions like that? So freakin ignorant....!+pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
Free 7 series? I'd be insulted. They usually give you a Porsche 911.

I've heard of it, too. But I think it's a myth.. that would be a hell of a signing bonus. So I think no.

Most likely if you work corporate (sales, consulting, regulatory rep) you could get one as a company car, unlikely it would be yours to keep.

i think you're jumping to conclusions.

let's say 3 or 4 years ago, when there was a huge need for pharmacists, there were some nice signing bonuses. but it depends on the area too. if it's in an obscure location where no one wants to live, then those pharmacies might offer a nice signing bonus, and yes i have heard of people getting a car in such cities, but i don't know how nice.

the pharmacist at the cvs you are talking about, she probably didn't get it as a signing bonus, but w/ her salary, she could probably afford one.

i don't know if they do signing bonuses as often, but maybe in the obscure cities.

Pshh.. those things are overrated anyways. I'm sticking to my.. err.. bicycle. :horns:

let's say 3 or 4 years ago, when there was a huge need for pharmacists, there were some nice signing bonuses. but it depends on the area too. if it's in an obscure location where no one wants to live, then those pharmacies might offer a nice signing bonus, and yes i have heard of people getting a car in such cities, but i don't know how nice.

the pharmacist at the cvs you are talking about, she probably didn't get it as a signing bonus, but w/ her salary, she could probably afford one.

i don't know if they do signing bonuses as often, but maybe in the obscure cities.

There is no way a pharmacy would ever give that car as a sign-on bonus. Seriously, no way.
7 series BMW starts at around $75K.

Not only did she not get it as a sign on bonus, but unless she bought it used, I seriously wonder how she mustered the intelligence to get through pharmacy school. I mean really, who spend 3/4 of their yearly salary on a car?

Being a pharmacist is not about what kind of car you drive.

My dad's a pharmacist, and during the review classes for the licensure exams, the instructor asked them, "Who among you have been offered a BMW yet?"

The instructor could be sarcastic, too, though.

...isent there still a huge need for them?

There is no way a pharmacy would ever give that car as a sign-on bonus. Seriously, no way.
7 series BMW starts at around $75K.

Not only did she not get it as a sign on bonus, but unless she bought it used, I seriously wonder how she mustered the intelligence to get through pharmacy school. I mean really, who spend 3/4 of their yearly salary on a car?

Being a pharmacist is not about what kind of car you drive.

it's the same thing with cellphones......TMobile says if you sign up for them they will give you a $400 phone for free. making bmw cars is same thing as making toyota cars. the brand only makes it $75k higher.

it's the same thing with cellphones......TMobile says if you sign up for them they will give you a $400 phone for free. making bmw cars is same thing as making toyota cars. the brand only makes it $75k higher.

An analogy that will craze car enthusiasts!!!!!.....Are u serious??!!!::laugh: :laugh:

Actually its whatever car is overstocked for the year. That year just happened to be the black bmw. Choose your year wisely. ;)