Is this true!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjcw9887

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at several dental schools and came across University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. I saw that they had 11,000 applicants last year and 4500 seats available. This number seemed quite high considering most of the other schools had no more than 150-200 applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at several dental schools and came across University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. I saw that they had 11,000 applicants last year and 4500 seats available. This number seemed quite high considering most of the other schools had no more than 150-200 applicants.

these seem like the OVERALL numbers for people applying to all the dental schools in the nation. I think last year it was 12,000 for 4500-ish seats.

these seem like the OVERALL numbers for people applying to all the dental schools in the nation. I think last year it was 12,000 for 4500-ish seats.

They are... no school has the funding or power to support 4.5k d-students.

1 school cant do the same amount of work as 59 schools.

There are about 5000 total enrollees these days with the new dental schools open, and there are about 12000 applicants every year.

:troll:

WHOOPS. totally read that wrong. Thought the FAQ answers were about their own school and not the nation. Sorry guys! I am not trolling, I promise!