Is this true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDKid89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's true..but many of the people who went to the PA program and are PA's now said that more than 80% of the people who apply don't get in the PA program the first time..and those who do get in are usually reapplicants. I'm guessing it's harder than I'm expecting..feel so distraught now. I applied to 10-13 schools..have a 3.2 right now..maybe will go up 3.4 this semester..and have some experience..sounds like I'm not a good candidate eh? :(

By the way, where do you get supplemental applications for those schools that require them? I have no idea..

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it's true..but many of the people who went to the PA program and are PA's now said that more than 80% of the people who apply don't get in the PA program the first time..and those who do get in are usually reapplicants. I'm guessing it's harder than I'm expecting..feel so distraught now. I applied to 10-13 schools..have a 3.2 right now..maybe will go up 3.4 this semester..and have some experience..sounds like I'm not a good candidate eh? :(

By the way, where do you get supplemental applications for those schools that require them? I have no idea..

PharmDKid why didn't you just stick with pharmacy school. Pharmacy is a way better profession.

Last edited:

If you look at the CASPA data it roughly 3 applicants per seat. So roughly 33% of applicants get into a PA program. They don't differentiate between re applicants. The 3.2 is a little light. The average last year was 3.46 for matriculants. As for the supplemental apps, once you apply to CASPA you should get instructions from the various programs on the supplemental app.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you figure out CASPA's data?