Is this Worth It?

Started by ffpickle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ignoring what my other career or educationl opportunities may be, is it financially prudent for me to go to a 'higher ranked' Pharm school, resulting in a debt of 170k (after 4 yrs), assuming I will make 100k as a pharmacist, on average, in the 10 yrs after Pharm School (assuming I may start out a bit lower but then the pay will increase)?
 
Ignoring what my other career or educationl opportunities may be, is it financially prudent for me to go to a 'higher ranked' Pharm school, resulting in a debt of 170k (after 4 yrs), assuming I will make 100k as a pharmacist, on average, in the 10 yrs after Pharm School (assuming I may start out a bit lower but then the pay will increase)?


It depends...i think some of the newer schools opening up suck...with that being said I dont think its "worth" it to go to a top pharmacy school (I am not even sure schools would be in this group)...when interviewing students for residency or jobs I typically dont focus so much on the school more on what they have done and what they do outside the classroom....