Is time watch allowed for PCAT test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RNtoPharmD

Love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Timing watch ...spelling error
I am seriously thinking about bring one in. I may bring the one that doesn't make the clicking sound. Is it considered as cheating?

There were no clock in the room last time I took the test... and to calculate the remaining time from the regular watch/clock can be distracting.

The examiner did not keep us on track with time either. To write on the board that 20 minuite then 5 minuite remaining is not good enough... I didn't finish many sections on August PCAT test mainly because I didn't manage my time well.
 
Timing watch ...spelling error
I am seriously thinking about bring one in. I may bring the one that doesn't make the clicking sound. Is it considered as cheating?

There were no clock in the room last time I took the test... and to calculate the remaining time from the regular watch/clock can be distracting.

The examiner did not keep us on track with time either. To write on the board that 20 minuite then 5 minuite remaining is not good enough... I didn't finish many sections on August PCAT test mainly because I didn't manage my time well.

I hear you on that one. The analog at the test site was of very little help. I'm bringing a digital clock to the test site (different one). Also, it got colder as I took the test despite my wearing a sweater.
 
Timing watch ...spelling error
I am seriously thinking about bring one in. I may bring the one that doesn't make the clicking sound. Is it considered as cheating?

There were no clock in the room last time I took the test... and to calculate the remaining time from the regular watch/clock can be distracting.

The examiner did not keep us on track with time either. To write on the board that 20 minuite then 5 minuite remaining is not good enough... I didn't finish many sections on August PCAT test mainly because I didn't manage my time well.

You can bring a watch. Make sure it doesn't make noise or do anything extra from telling time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just use my wristwatch b/c it has that ring on the outside that I can turn to mark my end time...but they always give you a verbal "5 minutes left" for every section.
 
If you get an analog watch, you can set the watch to 12:00 and time yourself that way. Of course, you won't know the exact time left but you really just need to know the number of minutes more or less.