Is TOEFL required for DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shrutid08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took GRE last week scored 1190. I thought the only requirement for DPT school is GRE, Pre-req., and observation hrs. I was scanning through the PTCAS application, and it says if English is not you first (native) language, you have to take TOEFL, is this true?
I am from India, I have been in the USA for 11 yrs now, and I took SAT to get an admission to Undergrad school. Do you think it is still a requirement?

Please let me know,

Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

English wasn't my first language either and I didn't need to take the TOEFL (wasn't is in bold, if you get what I mean)

Anyway, try reading more carefully on some programs pages, because I believe it says that it is required for people who didn't get their BS degree from an accredited US undergrad or something like that.

Heres what NYU's requirements for the TOEFL (idk why I chose NYU, whatever)

The TOEFL is mandatory for all applicants whose native language is NOT English and did not receive the equivalent of a 4 year U.S. undergraduate education from an institution where English is the official language of instruction. Applicants holding or completing a graduate degree from an English speaking institution are still required to submit a TOEFL if your graduate education was LESS THAN four years in duration at an institution where English was the official language of instruction. The TOEFL cannot be waived.