Is Tufts rejecting yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajt2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm talkin' pre-interview.

Just wondering. I'm sick of asking when interviews end, so let's try a different approach. I noticed one rejection a little while back, but that was pre-sec, which sort of didn't make sense to me.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from them since November, but I think that they interview pretty late... so, there is still hope. And, I think a few people got interviews over the past 2-3 weeks.

They are pretty good with emails, so maybe you should check the status of your app by emailing them. I don't do it, because I'm tired of hearing "your file is under review bla bla bla". It's been under review for almost 5 months now!!

They're sending invites out until April 15th, last date is April 25th. :luck: for all of us who've been waiting since September/October!

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts usually does not send out rejection letters. They send out "we cant decide right now letters" and then will make final decisions sometime at the end of march-beggining of april.

Tufts doesn't seem to have made much of a dent into the August MCAT-ers, or at least, not that was visible on the August MCAT-thread (i think only 2 or 3?).

I've been waiting anxiously for the past few months (and even sent an LOInterest).

Why the long silence Tufts? Interview me so I have an excuse to visit Boston and see my favorite hairstylist up there.

lightnk102 said:
Interview me so I have an excuse to visit Boston and see my favorite hairstylist up there.

totally off track, but who is your favorite beantown hairstylist? i'm partial to maureen at judy jetson's. I am going to see her next weekend to get my hair done and am so excited to tell her i'll be sticking around boston for the next 4 years and will continue to be her client.

CarleneM said:
totally off track, but who is your favorite beantown hairstylist? i'm partial to maureen at judy jetson's. I am going to see her next weekend to get my hair done and am so excited to tell her i'll be sticking around boston for the next 4 years and will continue to be her client.

Heather at Salon Escape in the South End. My mother would be horrified if she knew I let Heather cut my hair (Heather's a bit of a goth girl. tattoos, piercings, you name it), but she gives me such cute funky cuts that I love it. I never feel boring, or like I look like every other Asian girl. Its hard to find a stylist who can make short hair look cute and spunky without making you look like a boy. I had a favorite stylist in New York also who was fantastic.

Since I've left Boston and New York, I've had to settle for boring cuts. But boring and conservative turned out to be quite appropriate for the interview season. Now that it's over though - I'm getting the urge to do something with it. Maybe a perm. I've always wanted a fro. There's a good chance I'll end up back in Boston with Heather though. Is it wrong to choose med schools based on availability of good haircuts? Nothing picks me up after a crappy day like going to the salon.

I have heard that Tufts will still be sending out invites, but my question is how many will they be sending? Anyone have an idea if there will be a lot of invites sent out, or are there just a few left?

spongebob_sq said:
I have heard that Tufts will still be sending out invites, but my question is how many will they be sending? Anyone have an idea if there will be a lot of invites sent out, or are there just a few left?

no idea. and they arent terribly forthcoming about it over the phone - i called a couple weeks ago to see what the deal was, and i asked the girl, in hr experience what are the chances of getting an interview this late in the game? and she just said that if youre under review its still possible and that they are interviewing through the end of april. she wouldnt/couldnt say how booked they are now though -- like if they are interviewing until the end of april but are booked through mid-april, ya know?? so so so helpful.

and as a side note, there is nothing wrong with changing location based on a hairdresser. mine recently moved salons and although i now have to drive about an hr and a half to see him, its totally worth it. no matter where i end up going to school, i refuse to switch -- i went abroad for a year and still managed to have him do my color!!

Ames980 said:
no idea. and they arent terribly forthcoming about it over the phone - i called a couple weeks ago to see what the deal was, and i asked the girl, in hr experience what are the chances of getting an interview this late in the game? and she just said that if youre under review its still possible and that they are interviewing through the end of april. she wouldnt/couldnt say how booked they are now though -- like if they are interviewing until the end of april but are booked through mid-april, ya know?? so so so helpful.

and as a side note, there is nothing wrong with changing location based on a hairdresser. mine recently moved salons and although i now have to drive about an hr and a half to see him, its totally worth it. no matter where i end up going to school, i refuse to switch -- i went abroad for a year and still managed to have him do my color!!

I am so pissed off at Tufts, really...I mean, they have been so unhelpful with the process. They haven't interviewed me, so I assume I'll just get rejected. I'm not bitter (I have acceptances at Pitt, Case, among other schools that I'm happy about)....I just think Tufts is on crack and think they are too hot (despite the fact that their hospital is bankrupt). :smuggrin: