Is US career Institute a good dental assistant program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rvting

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and try a dental assistant program. One issue is that I only have time to do the program during the summer/now and not in the fall where I'll be doing a post-bach. I saw that US career institute is online and I can go at my own pace, taking 5 months at most; seeing how I don't have very many responsibilities at the moment I could probably crank it out in less. I just want to know if anyone can give me a review of the school if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the cost of the program and why are you doing it? I would focus on your post bacc program
it'll cost around ~1,300$, depending on the payment plan. I am doing it as a "insurance policy" (for lack of a better term) that if I don't get into dental school next cycle I'll have the ability to make my application look even better for the next-next cycle. Also, it'll make it easier to get a job as a dental assistant.

Currently I am volunteering as a dental assistant and have about ~35 hours worth of volunteering, however I don't think it'll look as good on an application as a paid assistant....plus I would like to get a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
it'll cost around ~1,300$, depending on the payment plan. I am doing it as a "insurance policy" (for lack of a better term) that if I don't get into dental school next cycle I'll have the ability to make my application look even better for the next-next cycle. Also, it'll make it easier to get a job as a dental assistant.

Currently I am volunteering as a dental assistant and have about ~35 hours worth of volunteering, however I don't think it'll look as good on an application as a paid assistant....plus I would like to get a job.
Mmmm. Could help. Just shouldn’t distract.

The main thing is your academics to get into dental school. Have you taken the DAT?

If your state doesn't require a certification, I don't think a program is necessary for you, as there are many clinics/offices that would be willing to teach you on the job. Being a dental assistant isn't extremely hard, and if you don't have to, I don't think a dental assisting program would be worth the time. I currently work as a dental assistant straight out of graduation with 0 experience, and it helped me explore the field more than anything else I did, and it helped me get great recommendation letters from dentists I work with.

Reactions: 1 user
Mmmm. Could help. Just shouldn’t distract.

The main thing is your academics to get into dental school. Have you taken the DAT?
yes, Ive gotten a 19. retaking it soon

Going to a dental assisting program and just simply working as a dental assistant are no different. No offense but no one is going to care if you’re certified or not. I’d focus more on school and the dat.

Going to a dental assisting program and just simply working as a dental assistant are no different. No offense but no one is going to care if you’re certified or not. I’d focus more on school and the dat.
Second this