Is UW sufficient for CCS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

IMG from the UK, finishing up intern year. Planning on 2014 match. Doing Step 3 Mid-July.

I'm going over the USMLE World CCS cases (52 of them). Is this sufficient for CCS Step 3? Or is there anything else I should do?

Also, is the software identical from UW to Actual Step 3 CCS?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

IMG from the UK, finishing up intern year. Planning on 2014 match. Doing Step 3 Mid-July.

I'm going over the USMLE World CCS cases (52 of them). Is this sufficient for CCS Step 3? Or is there anything else I should do?

Also, is the software identical from UW to Actual Step 3 CCS?

Thanks!

I found that the UWorld cases to be sufficient for the real thing. It's mainly about understanding how the software works and how time is advanced. And yes, the software is 99.9% identical to the real thing. If you want 6 additional cases, download the official practice materials from http://download.usmle.org/2013/Step3Download.zip

I used UWorld (nothing else) to prepare and passed with no problem

Took it toward the end of PGY-2 year (non-medicine residency)

Test day Feb 2013
Score report available May 29, 2013

Last edited:
took it yesterday before intern year. UW is sufficient for CCS. MCQs... that may be a different story. have no idea what happened there. that sucked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for the responses,

My plan is UW MCQ + CCS and Master The Boards.....plus I'm doing Intern year.

Hopefully should be enough!

6 weeks to go,

It is definitely enough to understand how to use the software that runs the cases, which is half the battle.