Is Western University a good school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marine123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello? The pharmacist I work with has strongly discouraged me to apply to Western University. I really had my heart set in applying to Western University. I wanted to see what other people think.

Members don't see this ad.

try asking this in the prepharm forum, maybe you'll get more responses. I'm curious why your pharmacist discouraged you from applying to Western because I am applying to that school as well.

DustinfromCA said:
try asking this in the prepharm forum, maybe you'll get more responses. I'm curious why your pharmacist discouraged you from applying to Western because I am applying to that school as well.

Isn't this the Pre-Pharm forum? Hmmm...I'm new here, so I better check around some more. My Pharmacist said that the people he hired from that school ended up not doing well in our pharmacy. So, he doesn't think that the school prepares students enough. I don't know....he is just one person....but I do value his recommendation greatly....I am confused

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah this is the prepharm forum, it was originally posted in the pharmacy forum though and its been moved by the moderators to prepharm forum.

I remember reading something here about Western and their students having bad rates of passing on the boards? I'm not sure if I read that incorrectly though or not...

Wish someone could clarify

DustinfromCA said:
Yeah this is the prepharm forum, it was originally posted in the pharmacy forum though and its been moved by the moderators to prepharm forum.

I remember reading something here about Western and their students having bad rates of passing on the boards? I'm not sure if I read that incorrectly though or not...

Wish someone could clarify

According to the Western University, "Western University PharmD graduates have surpassed the national average pass rate on the NAPLEX exam (the national licensure exam in pharmacy) each year since our first graduating class in 2000. Our graduates have had a pass rate each year in the range of 90 to 100 percent." That sounds pretty good.