Is working while studying for NAPLEX/CPJE a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

staphylcoccus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if it is a good idea to work part-time while studying for the NAPLEX and CPJE. I am barely going to submit my application so I'm thinking it'll take at least several months before I can get my ATT and take my exams. Do you think I should invest all my energy in studying or do I have time to afford to work part-time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I worked 2 days a week while I was studying. I took a week off work before my exams and I did well on both exams. I think working may actually help me remember the information.

Are you working as a technician or Rph? I am working as a Rph, and it is tough. Cant have the same focus when i was a student, plus working towards moving to another place and job transition. When i take the CPJE, i have to make sure I pass it the first time, or i am screwed.

Thanks for the replies!

I am actually thinking about working in a lab as a source of income while I study for my exams. My advisor offered the opportunity to me but I was just wondering if it would interfere with my studying too much.

Working part-time is a good alternative though.

I guess it doesn't really help me do better on my exams though.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
It really depends on how much you can study after work. I worked 12 hours shift on rotation, and have to study for discuss the next day. So I am use to work and study at the same time. But you are too tired to study at the end of your work day, then it is probably not a good idea to work and study at the same time.

I worked 30 hours a week while studying, and cut back to 24 the weeks of my tests. You have time to study after work and the days you aren't working. Trust me, when I had more than a 2-day string to study, I went CRAZY. I can't stand to look at any of those books ever again.

I am working and studying for the naplex and cpje. I work 16 hours a week and study about 40 hours a week. I think it is very feasible. I am planning to take at least 2 weeks off before the exam, just to make sure I have no distraction.