Is Yale rolling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a post a while back that Yale was not on rolling admissions so I have been slacking on their secondary (as well as every other one I have...). Is this true?
Or do they start processing the applications right away?

Members don't see this ad.

Just because a school doesn't have a rolling admissions policy doesn't mean that your application won't be reviewed promptly. I'm pretty sure I screwed my Yale application 2 years ago by waiting until October to send in the secondary. If you fill it out soon (by the end of the summer), I think you'll have a better chance of getting an interview. (Just my opinion...)

Good luck,

doepug
MSII, Johns Hopkins

I happened to have breakfast with a Yale adcom member a few days ago (sorry to brag--I have no connection whatsoever in my life with this awesome school, so I was pretty excited). She said that it doesn't matter when you get it in and that, in fact, she personally tends to remember the later interviews better so they end up with a better chance. And she noted that you don't want to interview with your top choice schools first anyway. But I'm a dork so I sent it in right away anyway.