Isis

Started by mehul_25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mehul_25

Dude!!!
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got back from the ISIS meeting? Wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the meeting.
 
Very educational, though I'm not sure I needed a whole mornings worth of lectures on the history of ISIS.

Great lecture and discussion on pulsed RF. Maybe the attendings on this board can give some opinions on some of the contentious issues brought up at the meeting?

i.e. Should pulsed RF be used without any data supporting its effectiveness?
If it doesn't cause a neurodestructive lesion then what's the harm?
How much does the coding pulsed RF incorrectly contribute to the denial of reimbursement of traditional RF by third party payors in some states?
 
I found the meeting boring. I really did not enjoy Dr Bogduk's two hour dissertation on where the median branches are located or Way Yin's one hour talk on how to inject the sacroiliac joint. 😴