It can be done!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melast

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad GPA = 2.7ish. Didn't do a SMP. Was just accepted to Drexel. :love:

(though v. sig upward trend, at a prestigious school known for giving low grades, ~1 yr worth of classes post bac with 3.8+, MCAT>35, a ton of clinical volunteering, a few years of research with pubs)

:luck: to everyone who is still waiting for their 1st acceptance!!

Members don't see this ad.

(though v. sig upward trend, at a prestigious school known for giving low grades, ~1 yr worth of classes post bac with 3.8+, MCAT>35, a ton of clinical volunteering, a few years of research with pubs)

Then maybe there is hope!
(Me = UG GPA = 2.9. Grad GPA = 3.9, all science. MCAT = 34. Worked in both an osteopathic clinic and then a hospital for a total of 6 years. No research. :( )

Members don't see this ad :)

Can you tell us what university you go/went to?

Well done melast. You must be delighted...

!!!!!!WAY TO GO MELAST!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!:)

To the OP: Congratulations!

Since you did attend a postbac, I encourage you to visit thepostbac forums and post in the success stories thread I posted in there to share your story. Hopefully it would serve as an inspiration for students in your shoes.

EDIT: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=295546

If you have some spare time and would like to share your story, post there :)

CONGRATS OP!!!!! it's awesome to see underdogs like us rise up above "inadequacies" whatever that may be. i too had a similar history (sucky UG) but landed an acceptance (hoping for a few more) for the fall!!!

WOOHOOO!!!! :thumbup: