It seems like most people think they interview well...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My advisor who I don't really get along with too well. He has been of little to no help in this process and he seems a little irked that I am getting more interviews than the premed suckups that worship him.

Haha, way to show them up :) It's too bad your advisor isn't thrilled for you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am certainly preparing for the interviews like I am preparing for an exam. For every school I am reading ALL of the feedback questions and writing answers to them and then doing mock interviews. I hope I don't screw up. I am almost there, don't screw up, don't screw up...

I am certainly preparing for the interviews like I am preparing for an exam. For every school I am reading ALL of the feedback questions and writing answers to them and then doing mock interviews. I hope I don't screw up. I am almost there, don't screw up, don't screw up...

OMG, shut up.

Sorry, you're probably joking, but I actually know for a fact that people like that exist, unless you're not joking, in which case, shut up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps, and this is speculation, interviewees who have strong aps going in (good numbers, decent ecs) tend to get in if they do a decent job on the interview and don't really screw up, but people who get their interviews in spite of some deficiency have to interview really well to sell themselves to the school, since doubts might remain. Just a thought. I personally am skeptical about the idea that everyone at the interview stage is equal. By that logic the much sought after 40 4.0 wouldn't mean anything at these schools.

This is what a number of Canadian schools are like. I've seen people with those kind of numbers rejected because they interview so bad. I'm sure it happens in the US too - probably more often than we think.