IT training... impressive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schooltill30

Doctor Acula
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently an MIS business major doing premed. I am doing this because I enjoy computers, and that career is definitely my second choice (after medicine, of course). By the time I apply for med school, I will hopefully have had some IT certifications, and, if I can pull it off, some kind of health-care related IT internship. Does anyone know how good this will be, or if I'm just wasting my time on something that won't mean anything down the line?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently an MIS business major doing premed. I am doing this because I enjoy computers, and that career is definitely my second choice (after medicine, of course). By the time I apply for med school, I will hopefully have had some IT certifications, and, if I can pull it off, some kind of health-care related IT internship. Does anyone know how good this will be, or if I'm just wasting my time on something that won't mean anything down the line?

No one cares what your major is. A health care related IT internship would make your application stand out as something a little different. That never hurts.

Also be sure to have some experiences that give you an opportunity to be of service to the poor and/or sick. Besides showing a willingness for life long learning as a physician, you also need to show empathy for those in need. That would be my first concern in looking at a MIS business major's AMCAS application.