Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

IT training... impressive?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by schooltill30, Mar 25, 2007.

1. schooltill30

schooltill30 Doctor Acula
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am currently an MIS business major doing premed. I am doing this because I enjoy computers, and that career is definitely my second choice (after medicine, of course). By the time I apply for med school, I will hopefully have had some IT certifications, and, if I can pull it off, some kind of health-care related IT internship. Does anyone know how good this will be, or if I'm just wasting my time on something that won't mean anything down the line?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    No one cares what your major is. A health care related IT internship would make your application stand out as something a little different. That never hurts.

Also be sure to have some experiences that give you an opportunity to be of service to the poor and/or sick. Besides showing a willingness for life long learning as a physician, you also need to show empathy for those in need. That would be my first concern in looking at a MIS business major's AMCAS application.

4. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician