1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

ITE exam

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by dp101, May 8, 2018.

1. dp101

2+ Year Member

Hello everyone,
    Im a new CA1, beginning in July, and just reviewed a good chunk of previous threads in regards to this exam. With that being said, I was always a better learner watching videos. Are there any videos, or lecture series dedicated to this exam?
    Also, there were mixed reviews about when to use true learn. Everyone states its a must, however is it better to save it till the end once I have reviewed and read, or supplement throughout the year (i did the former to study for usmle exams)?

Thank you in advance

organic1 likes this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. parliamentarian

7+ Year Member

Kentucky anesthesia on YouTube, Accrac podcast, do TrueLearn throughout the year if you can but it’ll depend on how much you’re working.

abolt18 and FFP like this.
  4. bellevueperson

bellevueperson ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Would second ACCRAC podcast for driving and running but personally preferred saving TrueLearn until after I'd read a decent chunk of Morgan & Mikhail, Barash, or other text of choice, then start doing questions a few months out from the ITE. Also, for daily questions and weekly short "videos" (the Keys to the Cart are really just slides with audio), you can use http://www.openanesthesia.org/. They recently started requiring a login for the ABA Keyword of the Day, so that component doesn't seem free anymore.

zizzer and AdmiralChz like this.
  5. Psai

Psai Snitches get zero vicryl
    Physician 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Not true, keyword for the day does not require a login.

6. anbuitachi

anbuitachi ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    just do true learn.. watch youtube videos if you dont understand stuff. seeing that you are posting on sdn, you will likely score >95 percentile

7. dipriMAN

I personally think it’s best to pick one book to read, and do truelearn questions startgifn early in the year up until the test. I don’t think the UKentucky videos are that great, but if you really hate reading the maybe.

I like to read during straightforward general cases.

8. DM27

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I personally found the best combination of question resources to be TrueLearn and the old ACE exams. The ACE exams are overall superior in terms of question explanations, but the explanations are also VERY lengthy.

Knockoutdoc likes this.