ITE "keywords" that I can't interpret. AI also can't interpret. How am I supposed to learn from this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Soparklion

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't fully understand a few of my ITE keyword, although some of these questions apparently had correct answer rates of ~40%, which gives me pause:
  1. QI: Outcome Measurements. Am I supposed to learn all of statistics?
  2. Disabilities: Legal Aspects. Are these my disabilities, employee disabilities, patient pre-existing disabilities in a preop clinic, or disabilities related to complications?
  3. Racial Disparities: Perioperative Cx. What is "Cx?" Am I changing culture, or identifying complications? Or is there genetic variation to the circumflex artery? I am a woman and the child of immigrants, so this one hurts.
  4. Ethics: DNR. I understand "DNR" but what ethical issue is involved?
 
ITE is only 200 questions, you don't remember the question I guess.

But if I had to guess what the question was asking:
#1 Goals-setting; look up SMART Acronym
#2 Disabilities in setting of board certification
#3 How patient's culture and background can influence how they seek medical care and thus their outcomes; Or how a provider's racial background can make them more blind/in tune with specific other cultures similar to their own, or have had experience with
#4 DNR: who, what, when, where to rescind DNR
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait a sec… are these the ITE keywords you’re assigned to teach residents?

I work at a large academic medical center that staffs multiple anesthesiologists 24/7. Our particular issue is call. We have a trauma call anesthesiologist in house to staff from 7p-7a x7days per week.
Cardiac anesthesia staffs 7p-7a as well via home call.
Transplant anesthesia staffs 7p-7a, also via home call.

The issue that we have is that the in-house provider is running ORs for 80% of their shift while the Cardiac and Transplant specialists are carrying a pager and at home for 80% of their 'shift'. The work is obviously not equal. I am interested to hear how other groups have addressed this same problem.
 
The outline is more useful to entities like test prep companies. They’re able to sort examinee-reported questions into something like the disabilities category and see patterns.

The outline isn’t nearly as useful for individual test takers, which I consider unfair and would vote to change.