it's already dec...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lala2626

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
now that it's almost already dec... do ppl still have hopes in gettin itnerviews from the top schools?.. i know interviews last through jan or feb.. but it seems like most of them have already been given out if they are truly interested in u?....

Members don't see this ad.

now that it's almost already dec... do ppl still have hopes in gettin itnerviews from the top schools?.. i know interviews last through jan or feb.. but it seems like most of them have already been given out if they are truly interested in u?....

I had a friend who interviewed at Wash U in late Jan, got in. I know of Dukies who got in on the last day of interviews. Mid Jan is the consensus around here to either give up or try desperation tactics ;)

Mid Jan to get interview invitations or to have your actual interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got two invites (one from a top 10) last week, so they're certainly still going out. Granted, I was complete rather late by SDN standards. If you were done with secondaries in August, you've probably been reviewed at least once already. But I'm sure they go through a second round of invitations as time goes on.

I have a college friend who--when he applied--was interviewing at top tier schools (stanford, harvard, ucla) until mid-march...Don't give up hope!

AtG

I have a college friend who--when he applied--was interviewing at top tier schools (stanford, harvard, ucla) until mid-march...Don't give up hope!

AtG

seriously?

Yeah definitely don't let anyone stress you out about that. While it helps a fair bit to get stuff in early and interview early, I have a friend who completed his AMCAS (yes, that's right, AMCAS and not secondaries) at the last possible date and still got into Baylor. You're fine... relax. They'll come.

Does anyone know...How late is too late to get an interview call?

It really depends on how each school handles offers of admissions: non-rolling (not disadvantaged interviewing late, interview invites go well into next year), rolling (disadvantaged interviewing late, late invitees may be vying only for spots on waitlist), or a mix of the two (rolling, but class is not filled until march so that late interviewees are not disadvantaged).

Somethings not adding up in the math department here...

As of a few weeks ago, LizzyM's school still had half their interview invites to extend. Many other schools are in the same boat. Several other schools have only rejected 1 or 2 people on here so far.

So for the sake of argument, let's ASSUME that every school had half their invites left as of a few weeks ago. And everyone says that you're in trouble at a school if you haven't gotten an interview invite from them by the end on Jan...

So over 2 months, schools will be sending out an equal number of interview invites that they have since the beginning of the cycle? That's a ton of interviews being held in the next 2 months. Keep in mind that really, there aren't 2 months of interviewing. There's lots of time off, depending on the school. There's the thanksgiving break, and a certain amount of Christmas break that can't really be counted. So I estimate that per working day at schools, they will be conducting double the amount of interviews as they have since the beginning of the cycle.

But there's no way that's the case. The time to really stop worrying seems like it should June! Since an invite in June would let you interview and get accepted sometime before classes start.

Main point, the math just doesn't work out, and it seems like a lot more action can be expected past January.

It seems that hope is the consensus so far for this thread....Does this hold for someone who finished all of their secondaries back as soon as they were released? I'm sure they must've seen my app once by now....Can I expect to hear good news from maybe one more school out of the 11 that I haven't heard from yet?

It seems that hope is the consensus so far for this thread....Does this hold for someone who finished all of their secondaries back as soon as they were released? I'm sure they must've seen my app once by now....Can I expect to hear good news from maybe one more school out of the 11 that I haven't heard from yet?

...8 interviews and two acceptances already. I think you've hit your quota ;)