It's Always Sunny in Pharmacy....

Started by TonyRx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TonyRx

Hamburglar
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I think "Sunny in Philly" is simply a brilliantly funny show. It's edgy, simple, and easy to relate to(in a weird way). So, what do you fellow "pharmacy minded" folks watch and enjoy?

Originally, I was going to post this in the Pre-Pharm section, but;

a) it is littered with "what school..." threads, not much room for off-topic threads

b) most likely find more insightful and humorous posts here


The Office cracks me up too.
 
Curb Your Enthusiasm, Big Brother (when it's on), CSI, House Hunters, Top Chef (when it's on), Dexter, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Californication, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Office (BBC version), Gangland, The First 48, and Intervention to name a few.

It's also safe to say, basically anything on HGTV/Food Network/Bravo/A&E/VH-1/Discovery.

The show I miss the most is Six Feet Under.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love The Office too! I didn't start watching it until last summer, but now I never miss it. The only other shows I regularly keep up with are Heros, Grey's Anatomy, and The Soup. I really don't know why I keep up with Grey's; I think it's just a habit now.
 
Favorite shows are House, Top Gear, Kitchen Nightmares, and Gordon Ramsey's F Word.

My knowledge of pathophysiology was first put into place by watching House, then augmented by reading the textbook and the lectures. (Like, professors would go over the disease and say what is happening, and since I watched House, I already know the diagnosis.)

The only bad part about this is when you see symptoms in your friends and you start to suspect that they have something. For example, after a friend visited his doctor yesterday, the doctor said he had bad news for him. So my friend repeated his symptoms to me (he didn't tell me what the doctor told him he thought it was), and unfortunately I also came up with the same diagnosis that his doctor gave him, pending confirmation with visual evidence...colon cancer. 🙁 I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
 
So, I think "Sunny in Philly" is simply a brilliantly funny show. It's edgy, simple, and easy to relate to(in a weird way). So, what do you fellow "pharmacy minded" folks watch and enjoy?

👍

LOVE the show...whenever I actually have time to watch tv, that is.
 
One of the profs at my school offers a House class where you get to assess the science of the show and if it is actually correct. I really wanted to take it this year but of course it filled up right away!
 
no one has mentioned LOST?

Heroes, South Park, The Office, HIMYM, are also good

in addition i have a guilty pleasure watching E! reality shows
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Megas XLR when I can find it, Flight of the Conchords, Jake and Amir (on Itunes) is silly. The Office and Life Laundry on BBC. If I can't sleep I watch that nun who says the rosary.