It's been sooo long!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLGirl22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried if I applied in July and still haven't heard anything about interviews nor rejections?!

I applied to UF, Nova, BU, Tufts, and UNC.

I am a NC resident, but doing my undergrad in FL and completed the secondary application for UF last month...

I'm so worried!

Members don't see this ad.

Should I be worried if I applied in July and still haven't heard anything about interviews nor rejections?!

I am a NC resident, but doing my undergrad in FL and completed the secondary application for UF last month...

I'm so worried!

UNC has one interview batch left in January. They are done handing out pre-december invites. Same with Tufts and Boston. You got passed up for pre-december invites there(but don't freak out). If you have 17 DAT and 3.0, yes you should freak and shouldn't have applied in general. Then again, you haven't told us your stats...

eghhh. have all the schools told you your app is complete? if not, then i'd start calling. if they have said it's complete, there's not much you can do. i applied in july and still haven't heard back from 9 of the 13 i applied to, so i can kind of understand. but i know it's a lot harder to have not heard from anyone yet. good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
UNC has one interview batch left in January. They are done handing out pre-december invites. Same with Tufts and Boston. You got passed up for pre-december invites there(but don't freak out). If you have 17 DAT and 3.0, yes you should freak and shouldn't have applied in general. Then again, you haven't told us your stats...

Yeah, your stats would help. Also you should have applied to a couple more schools.

FutureDent-Where did you hear that info about Tufts and BU? Anyone have word on Maryland and Penn?

Yeah, your stats would help. Also you should have applied to a couple more schools.

FutureDent-Where did you hear that info about Tufts and BU? Anyone have word on Maryland and Penn?

I have seen it on different forums. People have called and been told. I don't know about UPenn and Maryland. I know Marquette is done too though.

#1 call the schools and see what's up

#2 what's your gpa and dat

I scored a 18/18/18 on the DAT and have a 3.6 GPA 3.3 Science GPA. My application is complete for all schools, and Received/Under Review on AADSAS.

I scored a 18/18/18 on the DAT and have a 3.6 GPA 3.3 Science GPA. My application is complete for all schools, and Received/Under Review on AADSAS.

From your stats, everything looks fine, the only thing that might be preventing you from getting interview is your DAT scores, they are not bad, but average accepted is around 19-20.
You will probably get post-dec interview
good luck :)

Nova is about numbers, if you applied July and have not heard from them by now, something about your numbers is off. Nova is the only one school I know that recalculates your GPA's and does it separately by sciences so if you did not take enough classes or your grades were off in lets say, chem classes it might be holding you at Nova.
UF and UNC are schools that would pay great attention to your PC, LOE etc.
BU and Tufts are done for pre Dec invites, someone mentioned that Tufts is moving its offices due to vertical expansion so Tufts will not be sending rest of the invites until later Dec- Jan. BU will probably send their post Dec invites end of Nov?
Overall I would suggest applying to more schools and retaking DAT if things do not work out this year. But you have plenty of time to hear from at least couple of schools yet... All of the schools you applied do send invites post Dec...

Florida Girl,

Last year I had about the same DAT as you and the same GPA as listed below. I got interviews to Nova and UF in Jan/Feb. Don't give up hope, we'll all get there eventually.

From your stats, everything looks fine, the only thing that might be preventing you from getting interview is your DAT scores, they are not bad, but average accepted is around 19-20.
You will probably get post-dec interview
good luck :)

I'm liking your positive attitude VCUdental. When it comes to stats, we (SDN) need more people with your mentality. Good positive reinforcement :thumbup:

I'm liking your positive attitude VCUdental. When it comes to stats, we (SDN) need more people with your mentality. Good positive reinforcement :thumbup:

:D, it's a hectic process and the schools are very cruel in that they make us wait so long. We need to encourage each other, but at the same time being realistic so as not to provide false hopes. In the end i think no matter how great the stats we may have, we must always be prepared for the different outcomes, because the admission process can be random.

I'm so worried!

Stay put ... the game is not over yet!

I am regretting not applying to UNC more and more...if they still have another interview batch, do you guys think it would be a waste of time to apply? Would my app even get there in a reasonable amount of time to be reviewed for that batch? :rolleyes:

I am regretting not applying to UNC more and more...if they still have another interview batch, do you guys think it would be a waste of time to apply? Would my app even get there in a reasonable amount of time to be reviewed for that batch? :rolleyes:

The deadline was yesterday. But if it helps, although you have great numbers, they recommend all OOS submit their applications by mid-august. Out of state competition for UNC is incredibly high since they only have about 10 spots. It's an amazing school, but you will be just fine

My dentist went to Florida and speaks extremely well of it. Nova too

The deadline was yesterday. But if it helps, although you have great numbers, they recommend all OOS submit their applications by mid-august. Out of state competition for UNC is incredibly high since they only have about 10 spots. It's an amazing school, but you will be just fine

My dentist went to Florida and speaks extremely well of it. Nova too

Boo. Oh well, thanks though!

Just got Tufts on the phone not too long ago. They told me not to worry since they just started interviewing people. Also a lot of interviews will be given Jan/Feb because they are moving around. She also noted that a 3.5 is competitive.

Just got Tufts on the phone not too long ago. They told me not to worry since they just started interviewing people. Also a lot of interviews will be given Jan/Feb because they are moving around. She also noted that a 3.5 is competitive.

Ahhh hope I hear from them too! :xf::xf::xf: